Jan 12, 2010

A relationship

My relationship with you is of many layers; it has many
patterns and colors; they combine to impact
our lives together, more than we can imagine.

we cast long shadows on each other; shadows
which linger on long after our ways part and we dissolve
into the past; we shed light and darkness on each other;
permeating us in places
we cannot see or ever reach;

we continue to live on different planes that will
stand apart; and yet mingle into each other
till they become soluble; still striving
to remain intact, secure in our selves;

I live in fear of being invaded by you; lest you
seek to change me in your image. I fear
this alien force that might inhabit me and
silently push me out of myself.

our alliance is not invincible
though we might desire to believe it so;
it always remains fragile; more so
in our moments of vanity

our alliance is not about conquest
nor fidelity; neither promises
of love; it is the embrace of vast spaces
separating us;
and somewhere along the way
two people build a nest for each other
without impinging on the self

No comments:

Post a Comment